Le Parlement européen a validé le 7 octobre 2021 une résolution sur les capacités de cyberdéfense de l'UE.
Que doit-on retenir de ce document de 15 pages?
- "... a common cyber defence policy [...] and also better, cyber defence capabilities are core elements for the development of a deepened and enhanced European Defence Union" ;
- "the substantial number and increasing complexity of cyberattacks, require a coordinated Union-level response" ;
- "Notes the 2018 CDPF’s objective to setup an EU Military CERT-Network; calls on Member States to significantly increase classified information sharing capacities";
- " stresses that it is essential to overcome the current fragmentation and complexity of the overall cyber architecture within the EU and to develop a common vision of how to achieve security and stability in cyberspace" ;
- " fragmentation is accompanied by serious concerns over the lack of resources and staff at EU level";
- "Reiterates that common strong attribution capabilities are one of the key tools for strengthening EU and Member State capabilities and are an essential component of effective cyber defence and cyber deterrence";
- "Calls for closer coordination on cyber defence between Member States, the EU institutions, NATO Allies, the UN and the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE)";
- "Recalls its position on a ban on the development, production and use of fully autonomous weapons enabling strikes to be carried out without meaningful human intervention".